Monday, April 7, 2008

Recommended Reading....

Hey all.... So I had to write a book review of a book of choice. I chose "Fish- A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison" by TJ Parsell. I have to tell you, its probably one of the best non-fiction books I've read in a long time. This is an autobiographical story of when Parsell was 17 entering into the adult prison system and what happened to him. On his first day, he was raped by multiple inmates and was forced into the protection of a "man". I won't go into detail for those who would like to read it but I highly recommend it. TJ Parsell is now a human rights activist and associated with organizations that are dedicated to the prevention of rape in detention facilities.
If you are anything like me and feel as though the criminal justice system is in need of work (putting it lightly), then you will be very moved by this book.

Here is the link to his website: http://www.tjparsell.com/

~~Sej

No comments: